The price of bitcoin broke a new record Saturday morning, reaching $60,120 each around 6:25 a.m. (ET). Bitcoin currently has a market valuation of $1.120 trillion and a dominance rate of approximately 61.9%, while Ethereum now controls nearly 12% of the capitalization of all 8792 digital assets in the $1.7 trillion crypto economy.
- The price of bitcoin (BTC) reached a new high of $60,120 per BTC on Sunday, March 13, 2021. In the last 24 hours, BTC is up 6.9% and in the last seven days, it is up over 23%. The current global trading volume of BTC is about $27 billion.
The price of bitcoin (BTC) has reached an all-time high of $60,120.
- Statistics show that bitcoin (BTC) has risen 212% in the past three months and 975.83% in 12 months against the US dollar. The one-month percentage statistics show that BTC rose more than 24% on Sunday.
- On Thursday, the largest bitcoin exchange pair, Tether (USDT), absorbed 50.2 percent of bitcoin transactions. It is followed by the USD (19.37%), JPY (6.6%), BUSD (5.65%), EUR (5.2%) and KRW (3%).
- Onchain’s statistics from Intotheblock show that holders are making almost 100% profit at the current price. The concentration of large holders is 11% and the time of holders by composition is 58% in a year+.
- Meanwhile, while BTC has reached a new price record, the network’s hash rate is also gaining ground, with 161 exahashes per second at the time of publication. This is despite the fact that BTC’s production complexity of 21,448,277,761,059 (21.45 trillion) is the highest ever.
- The data also shows that the number of basins produced by BTC is now down to 16. F2pool is still the dominant miner on the BTC network, claiming 19.7% of the hashrate or 31 EH/s at the time of publication.
- Moreover, the Bitcoin network has reached a milestone after transferring $3.5 trillion worldwide without the help of banks, corporations or governments.
- The new highs in the bitcoin price are positive, and Bitfinex CTO Paolo Ardoino is optimistic about the long-term outlook for BTC. Bitcoin strengthened its bullish momentum on relatively light trading volume. It seems that investors are staying on the sidelines and waiting for a clear direction. Meanwhile, it’s important to note that bitcoin won’t just become an asset for large institutions and corporations, Ardoino said in an investment note to the Bitcoin.com news feed.
- Under the hood of the bitcoin ecosystem, work is hard, Ardoino added. Layers are forming that could well determine how multiple payments are made by the end of this decade. Bitcoin is the fundamental base layer of this ecosystem that will eventually displace the entire payment and credit card industry.
- At the time of writing, Ethereum (ETH) is up over 6% at $1,883, Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is up 5.47% at $565, and the biggest winner in the top 10 is Cardano (ADA), up over 7% year-to-date and trading at $1.15 per unit.
What do you think of the fact that bitcoin hit a new record price on Saturday? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Tags in this story
60K, $000 each, 60%, Always high, ATH, Bitcoin, Bitcoin (BTC), Bitfinex CTO, BTC price, cryptocurrency, Hashrate, markets, mining, Paolo Ardoino, ATH price, price, trading, trading pairs
Photo credit: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons, Bitcoinwisdom, Coin Metrics,
Denial: This article is for information only. It is not a direct offer or invitation to buy or sell, nor is it a recommendation or endorsement of a product, service or company. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author shall be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services referred to in this article.
cryptocurrency prices,bit coin price,bitcoin stock price,bitcoin news today,Privacy settings,How Search works